So Why a Living Room?



Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day #9. Sweet Bedtime.

Ahhhhh.

Some nights I feel like a total slave driver getting my kids ready for bed.  "Okay, come on!  Okay, we're not doing THAT right now...  Alright, I'm ready for you--let's go..." I say over and over as we plow through baths and snacks and pajamas and brushing teeth and the whole bit. Sometimes, by the end,  I'm looking at my watch wondering when I will get to "clock out."

But tonight, we went down to the basement extra early and just took our time getting ready.  No slave driving--just step by step, slowly and happily.  Then the three of us snuggled up together in Ethan's (queen-sized here at Nana's) bed and read extra stories, and sang songs together.  Even after the songs were over, I just stayed there--all warm and cozy between my two little buddies.  I think they could sense the significance that we had completed the routine of everything and yet I was still there with them.  They could feel it that I just wanted to be with them for a little bit longer.

In whispers:
"I love you, Ethan. I love you Jake."

"I love you too, Mom."

"I lah-oo doo, Mom."  



I do believe that's as good as it gets.  :)



Here's the words to one of the songs we sang tonight.  It's one of my favorites from when I was a kid.  And it also fits in very nicely with this little theme of looking up and finding the joy.  



Where is Heaven?
Words and Music by Janice Kapp Perry

I wish I could remember the days before my birth
And if I knew the Father, before I came to Earth.
Was I a child there?  Did I walk with God?  And was that where I learned about the iron rod?


Where is Heaven?  Is it very far?  
I would like to know if it's beyond the brightest star...
Where is Heaven?  Will you show the way?  
I would like to learn and grow and go there someday


I wish I could remember the Father's loving face
And all the friends and family that filled that holy place
In quiet moments, when I'm all alone
I close my eyes and try to see my Heav'nly home


Where is Heaven?  Is it very far?  
I would like to know if it's beyond the brightest star...
I've a feeling--that it's not so far
When you're with the ones you love...
It's right where you are. 


Well, we are definitely missing Kyle, so we're not with ALL the ones we love.
And yet, the Lord is filling up our emptiness--with joy.  :)   



0 comments: