So Why a Living Room?



Monday, June 21, 2010

Day #7. Grid Systems and Old Friends.

Theoretically I have always understood the CONCEPT of a grid system as it relates to streets and blocks.

But I'm not the sharpest tack in the drawer when it comes to cardinal directions and how to get places. 

I don't pay attention at all when other people are driving, and since I've never lived in Salt Lake City, I haven't driven very much there, and consequently have never really cemented practical experience with the grid onto the idea of how it works.  

I'm proud to announce that I think I finally get it.  I sometimes still have to really concentrate and think, "Okay, the temple is north--so that means we are headed south right now, so the block numbers are going to get...LARGER.  Okay."   But I feel like more of an adult now when I get in the car here.  :)  Yay. 
That's joy, right?

 Also, we went to the park today and met up with some awesome friends from Indiana and just got to catch up and let the kids play.  Such a treat! 

"For worthy friends whose live proclaim devotion to the Savior's name
Who bless our days with peace and love
We praise thy goodness, Lord above."


Lots of blessings to count...

0 comments: