So Why a Living Room?



Friday, June 18, 2010

Day #4. Zumba and Clean Bathrooms

So I got a rec center pass for me and the boys so we can do some fun things during our time here.  I am totally loving Zumba.  It's  workout class where you dance to latin music and I'm not very good at it, but I am having a ball.  And that is where I found joy today.  I haven't always been able to enjoy things that I'm not very good at, but I feel like I'm learning how.  I wasn't comparing myself to other people or setting a goal of how good I have to get at it before I can relax and have fun.  I was just spinning all over the place trying to keep up and feeling grateful to be having so much fun while getting good exercise. And man, I'm sore in muscles I didn't know I even had. :)

Also, I had a monumental moment.  I cleaned a bathroom today (2 actually) and it wasn't my nasty bathroom in my apartment!!!  It's such a silly thing, but it honestly dragged me down every time I cleaned our bathroom because it never looked any better after I was done!  The caulking was still nasty, the paint splatters were still on the faucet, the perma stains on the mirror never went away, and the I still knew that there was hair underneath the last layer of paint on the walls.  Blech.  Today, the floors gleamed after I mopped them, the mirrors sparkled, and I felt like I had actually accomplished something.  Woo hoo!!! 


"For it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things."    Which is really great when you do the nasty first and then move to the nice.  Oh, and did I mention that I have enough counter space to put my hair dryer, my brush, and my curling iron on the counter at the same time?!?! And that I can plug 2 appliances in at the same time?!?!  I'm in the lap of luxury, I know.

0 comments: