So Why a Living Room?



Friday, July 23, 2010

Day #38. A little recipe for joy.

My parents have this quote on their refrigerator, so I have seen it a lot over the last few months.  It's from Howard W. Hunter, a former prophet of the church.  I think that each of the actions he suggest for us to do can create joy for us and others. Every single one. So, I'll call this...
  

A Prophet's Recipe for Joy:

Mend a quarrel.
Seek out a forgotten friend.
Dismiss suspicion and replace it with trust.
Write a letter.
Give a soft answer.
Encourage youth.
Manifest your loyalty in word and deed.
Keep a promise. 
Forgo a grudge.
Forgive an enemy.
Apologize.
Try to understand. 
Examine your demands on others.
Think first of someone else.
Be kind.
Be gentle.
Laugh a little more.
Express your gratitude.
Welcome a stranger.
Gladden the heart of a child.
Take pleasure in the beauty and wonder of the earth. 
Speak your love and then speak it again."


Isn't that the best?

I dare you to pick one an focus on doing it this week.  I'll do it too.  :)  

0 comments: